Monday 19 November 2012

Presentation tips

Hey,
Only me that hate presentations?
I hate standing in front of my class, talking about a theme that my teacher has chosen. Omfg, I get soo scared when I have presentations. I am always shaking and my eyes get clear and wet.
Today, I had a science presentation about how to desalt the seawater, and in the first time of my life... I actually did it really good.  I spoke loud and clear without a paper in my face. I had a some amazing illustrations and every thing went better than expected. But here some tips to your power-point presentation in school.

Tips


  • Learn and know what you are going to say. Write everything down and learn it. Trick the teacher to think that you just speak from your heart, not  the paper.
  • Speak load and clear. 
  • Look at your friends in your class, its a lot more stressing to know that people than you don`t like are actually listening, but one of the most important thing ; Look at the audience!
  • Write keywords on the power-point that makes you remember.
  • Use pictures that the teachers like. Think again cx
  • Use animations. Teachers love animations, but don`t use too many. 
  • DON`t say the title... Say more like; Today I am going to talk about... and Now I am going to tell you a little about...
  • Have something witty to say
If you do all this things on the list, you are going to get an A in all subjects [Presentations] I promise you! c:

If you got problems with the "scary" part, just like me, make sure you have read it for someone before class and have practised to speak your text, don`t think that reading in your head is enough. 

Please comment! English, Norwegian,Swedish or German, don`t matter at all.
Share on social media or link your scared friends ?



Sorry, for my bad English :/ I am from Norway
//Luna.



No comments:

Post a Comment